The Laurentian Chamber of Commerce is accepting applications for the President/CEO position. Please see the position description below and send application materials to David at email@example.com.
Position Opening: President & CEO
Laurentian Chamber of Commerce
Terch & Associates LLC, on behalf of the Laurentian Chamber of
Commerce, is accepting applications to fill the position of President and
Chief Executive Officer. This position reports directly to the Laurentian
Chamber of Commerce’s Board of Directors and is based in Virginia,
The Chamber President/CEO is responsible for the coordination of all
Chamber activities. The President/CEO manages and directs all phases
of planning to accomplish Chamber objectives. The President/CEO implements
Chamber policies, manages all staff and initiates & supports
volunteer activities. The President/CEO will serve as the spokesperson
for the Chamber and represent it at all levels of community and government.
This position will have direct supervisory responsibility of 1-3 other
paid staff members.
About the Chamber:
The Laurentian Chamber of Commerce represents the Quad Cities of
Eveleth, Gilbert, Mountain Iron, and Virginia, Minnesota, as well as surrounding
business communities on the Iron Range. The Chamber plays a
key role in community partnerships and is an advocate for business development,
retention, and expansion. Our mission is to promote business
through education and advocacy to advance the prosperity of the region.
In accordance with the Chamber bylaws, policies and procedures, and
goals established by the Board of Directors, the President/CEO shall:
• Guide the development of the Chamber’s overall program of work.
• Be responsible for directing and implementing the goals and objectives
adopted by the Board of Directors, with the aid of staff and volunteers.
• Recommend policy for consideration by the Board and advise the
Board on matters under consideration.
• Recruit, motivate, and direct volunteers either directly or indirectly
with staff assistance.
• In collaboration with the Board of Directors, plan long term policies to
help achieve Chamber goals and ensure that policies adopted by the
Board are properly interpreted and implemented.
• In cooperation with or at the direction of the Board, prepare statements
of Chamber position on public issues consistent with adopted policy.
• Be responsible for the employment of all staff, including hiring and
termination, assign duties, be responsible for staff training, supervision
of work, management of time, evaluation of performance and the establishment,
within the parameters of the annual budget, the terms of their
• Work in cooperation with the Treasurer and assigned financial staff to
manage the organization’s finances, including preparing and recommending
a draft budget to be considered by the Board.
• Direct fundraising activities of the Chamber and adjust as needed to
meet budget goals.
• Guide staff and volunteers in membership recruitment and retention efforts.
• Work with Board and staff to meet membership goals.
• Advise on needs of membership and monitor membership trends and
• Advise on dues structures, and work with individual members to establish
payment plans when needed.
• Manage or direct management of facility and equipment to meet office
needs of the Chamber and staff.
• Be responsible for preparation of the agenda, board packets, and implementation
of plans and programs of the Board in accordance with established
• Maintain personal contacts with key community leaders and other
stakeholders to assist in meeting Chamber goals.
• Strive to develop public understanding of the goals and objectives of
• Direct the publication of correspondence, including official Chamber
publications, print and electronic media, news releases relevant to the
functions of the organization.
• Represent the organization at applicable community meetings.
• Participate in Chamber activities and education programs at the state
and national level to attain knowledge that will benefit local Chamber
• Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to speak publicly
on behalf of the chamber.
• Ability to manage Chamber staff and volunteers and delegate necessary
assignments. Have an understanding of general business practices,
operations and needs.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with
the Board of Directors, employees, committees, members, governmental
units, civic groups and the general public.
• Ability to think critically and appraise Chamber proposals and other
• Possess a demonstrated commitment to the vision and mission of the
Chamber of Commerce.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• At least five (5) years experience in a leadership role at a chamber of
commerce or other similar civic, community or non-profit organization.
• Proven successes in fundraising and networking within a community.
Based on experience and qualifications.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting a cover letter,
resume, and a list of three professional references to the posting of
this position at www.terchandassociates.com/careers or to david@terchandassociates.