DIY: Build Your Own Solar Greenhouse
How would you like grow your own vegetables ten months out of the year, right here in the North Country? It’s not a pipe dream. Just ask Marshall Helmberger, publisher of the Timberjay Newspaper, who built his own solar greenhouse in 2014. Imagine your planting season starting March 1 and the harvest running from mid-April through Christmas each year…And doing it with minimal supplemental heating, relying almost entirely on the sun and heat storage. Join us for a basic how-to that will have you itching to get your hands in the (unfrozen) dirt.
• Register for classes at the Customer Service Counter, by calling 218-741-4663, or emailing email@example.com
• All classes will be held in the Natural Harvest Deli unless noted
• Class fee: $13 for Owners; $15 for the public (unless noted)
• A minimum of 6 participants must be preregistered and paid 48 hours in advance in order to conduct the class.
• Cancellations taken with 24 hour notice. No refunds for no-shows.