Business Development Committee
The Laurentian Chamber of Commerce’s Business Development Committee meets the second Thursday of each month, at noon, at the Laurentian Chamber of Commerce office or member business.
The Business Development Committee routinely discusses topics that affect the businesses (large and small) within the Laurentian Chamber of Commerce community and determines how they can be better advocates for change (and continued business development) within our region.
The Business Committee works on developing projects (like our Laurentian Chamber Business Portfolio) that serve as conduits of information for businesses and individuals looking to expand or relocate to the region, as well as help the chamber survey the business community (and better determine our business community’s needs) through the Minnesota Chamber’s Grow Minnesota program, as needed.
2018 Business Committee Members
- John Ward, Chair,– Joy Global
- Linda Scott, Chair – Up North Title
- Shelley Holmes – Lotus Corporation/Katherine’s House
- Nicholas Mathiowetz – Northridge Community Credit Union
- Betsy Olivanti – UMD Center for Economic Development
- Bill Aho – Super 8/AmericInn
- Glenn Patrick – GAP Engineering
- Steve Peterson – Entrepreneur Fund
- Tom Dean – Usborne Books
In 2018, the Business Development Committee is working on broadband expansion in the region. We are looking for those interested in being a part of a cohort to reach out to the Chamber to help lead the effort.
The Chamber is working with a contractor on a hospitality study that will be complete by fall.